illiam Temple House deeply values the contributions that our donors make to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with William Temple House, we maintain the following policies:
- Information We Collect. William Temple House collects and uses a variety of personal information from donors that may include: names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, amounts donated, affiliations, and comments. Federal and state tax laws require us to keep donor contact information and donation records on file. This information is kept secure and confidential.
- How We Use Collected Information. We do not publish, trade, sell, rent, or share our donors’ contact information. We do use donors’ contact information for communicating with our donors about our charitable work and activities, thanking and receipting our donors, maintaining our donor records, analyzing our fundraising process, and
complying with federal and state reporting laws (private personal information is not released for public inspection). We may use donor comments for promotional purposes only with the donor’s informed consent.
- Financial Information. All access to donor financial information is limited strictly to professional staff with a specific need to have access to this information. Professional staff with access to private information are governed by our policies and professional codes of ethics. William Temple House uses reputable and ethical on-line payment services that certify donor privacy. William Temple House does not retain or have access to donor credit card numbers, bank account numbers, or other confidential personal financial information. All donations to William Temple House are subjected to controls and security that assure confidentiality, accuracy, honesty, and compliance with all policies. Donor information is safeguarded at all times.
- Anonymity. We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Requests Not to Solicit. Donors may request that they not be solicited in the future.
- Request for Customization. Donors may request not to receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter, or to receive mailings only at certain times of the year.
William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt Street
Portland, OR 97209
503-226-3021 ext. 209